Do you think you have the best auto insurance coverage just because you’re with a “big name” company?
News flash, you’re probably getting less coverage than you think.
But first let’s talk about accident statistics in the U.S.…
There are about 3 million car-related injuries a year
• 2 million permanent injuries
• 40,000 deaths in the U.S. each year
About 40% of car accident fatalities are related to drinking and driving.
• 30% to speeding
• 33% from a car going off the road
Car accidents are currently the number one killer of people ages 1 to 37.
About 1 in 30 young drivers will be injured in an accident each year.
Young drivers are four times more likely to die in car accidents.
• much more prone to speed
• drive recklessly
• not wear their seat belts
• and drink and drive
There are Approximately 6.4 million accidents each year
Approximately 40,000 people die in auto accidents each year.
You may ask yourself what are the odds of me getting into an accident?
There were 48,366 Transportation accidents in 2002.
• One year odds of You getting in an accident are 1 in 5,953.
• Lifetime odds of You getting in an accident are 1 in 77. Are you the 1 in 77 to get into an accident this year?
Did you know?
Midnight to 3 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays proved to be the deadliest 3-hour periods throughout 2003?
In 2004 there was a total of 38,253 Fatal Crashes.
• Over 26,756 Driver crash victims
• 10,304 Passenger Victims
• 4,641 Pedestrian Victims
• 725 Pedacyclist Victims
Let’s move on to Insurance Coverage.
Here are the 7 things your auto insurance company should give you but doesn’t!
1. Full replacement cost paid if your new car is totaled in the first year at no additional cost.
2. Towing and roadside assistance included with your policy at no additional charge and no reimbursement required.
3. Bilingual insurance representatives available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to provide policy service or take claim reports.
4. Extension of your policy coverage and limits when driving in Mexico within 100 miles of the U.S. Border.
5. Discounted rates for qualified members of certain occupational groups.
6. Temporary coverage for student children home on holidays at no additional charge.
7. Waiver of collision deductibles if both parties involved in an accident are customers of the same company.